On Tuesday we’ll be in Parliament presenting to the Sustainable Food Commission on the challenges of creating a food system which is worthy of a civilised planet, and can last indefinitely.
To have the greatest impact during our 15 mins, we need to show a clear and coherent vision, what challenges exist and will arise, and hint at how to solve them.
What would YOU say? Please post comments below, and share around. It’s an informed and experienced commission, so feel free to dive in at the deep end.
We’ll try to include as many points as possible – the more specific the better.
The commissioners are:
- Dr David Barling, Reader in Food Policy, City University
- Bill Bartlett, Corporate Affairs Director, McCain Foods (GB) Ltd
- Russell Brown MP, Food and Drink Manufacturing All-Party Parliamentary Group
- Deborah Cawood, Head of Food Chain, National Farmers Union
- Dr Rosemary Collier, Academic Lead for the Warwick Global Research Priority (GRP) on Food, University of Warwick
- David Croft, Director of Quality and Technical, Waitrose
- Professor Liz Dowler, University of Warwick and Food Ethics Council Trustee
- The Lord Dykes, Food and Drink Manufacturing All-Party Parliamentary Group
- The Baroness Gibson of Market Rasen OBE, Food and Health All-Party Parliamentary Group
- The Lord Grantchester, Science and Technology in Agriculture All-Party Parliamentary Group
- Michelle Hanson, Commercial Director for UK and ROI, Sodexo
- Julian Hunt, Vice President of Public Affairs and Communications, Coca Cola Enterprises Ltd
- Huw Irranca-Davies MP, Shadow Minister for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Andrew Kuyk CBE, Director of Sustainability and Competitiveness, Food and Drink Federation
- Paul Lindley, Chief Executive Officer, Global Infant Toddler and Kids division, Hain Celestial Group Inc
- The Baroness Miller of Chilthorne Domer, Chair of the Food and Health All-Party Parliamentary Group
- Professor Richard Norman, Emeritus Professor of Moral Philosophy, University of Kent and Food Ethics Council Member
- The Baroness Scott of Needham Market, Chair of the EU Sub-committee D on Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy
- John Stevenson MP, Chair of the Food and Drink Manufacturing All-Party Group
- Sophi Tranchell MBE, Managing Director, Divine Chocolate